Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Twenty Thousand!!!

I just got home from work, a little deflated after being told that my request to carry at work was denied, only to find something amazing...this humble little blog hit 20,000 visits today!

I started this blog last year to help ladies learn about shooting and more specifically, concealed carry. I never thought that it would ever go the places that it has, that it would lead me to facilitate a chapter of A Girl and A Gun Ladies Shooting League, or that so many wonderful companies and individuals would want to offer their goodies for reviews and give-aways.  I had no idea that all of you would be interested in anything that I would have to say, much less subscribe to my posts, feeds, Facebook and tweets.

I can only say a sincere "Thank You" to each and every one of you. Thank you for reading, sharing and caring. Thank you for participating in the contests, drawings, and discussions. Thank you for your support of women in the gun community.

I would like to honor this milestone by following in the footsteps of a fellow blogger, my dear friend over at A Girl and Her Gun and offer a training class as a prize for one of my readers. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to pay for a training class that will cover you, no matter where you are, so right now we are limited to simply this, if you are in (or can travel to)  the Texas panhandle, leave a comment on this post and you will be entered into a drawing for a free beginner's handgun lesson. Drawing will be held one week from today - Valentine's Day (how about that?) from all entries.

It is small, but it is my way of saying thank you and giving back in some way to you, my readers. Remember, whether you win or don't even enter, training is THE most important factor in carry of any sort. It does no good to own a firearm if you don't know how to use it.

Be safe, be strong, and remember YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Lady

13 comments:

  1. What a milestone! Congrats, Kaci!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations! 20,000 people in one day!!

    You are doing great things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your request, I'm not surprised about your blog hitting 20,000. There are many wannabees but few that are genuine like you!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! And thanks for all you do for women's shooting - it is very encouraging to others of us that are just starting out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations.

    I named you for a Liebster Blog award--if you care to, you can read the designation here:

    A favor paid forward with the Liebster Blog Award

    Nice job, nice blog and nice offer to train someone.

    --AOA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on hitting 20,000! I just found your site through agirlsandhergun. I am her contest winning and am so very pumped. I am also a Texan and a Christian who carries a gun. I don't have a blog but my husband does and he will be blogging about my journey. His blog name is Groundhog so I am Mrs. Groundhog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats - that is wonderful! Also, thanks for the Magtech ammo review; I just purchased 3 boxes for the first time at a gun show Sunday and was happy to read they performed well! I am hoping to get out and try them in my new gun this weekend! :)

    Mrs. Groundhog (love that! :D) congrats to you also, on your win...That is so exciting! Best wishes for wonderful learning ahead, along with a lot of fun shooting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, and I'll do the same thing I did for her, and offer up 200 rounds of the ammo of choice for the pistol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a huge blessing, thank you NFO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just came across your blog from 'a girl and her gun' keep up the good work, look forward to reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I added your free beginner's handgun lesson to the contest page at http://www.weapon-blog.com/contests.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No biggie, if we can get more Ladies shooting, the worse it is for the bad guys! Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Molly B... your comment was chosen as the winner, please email me ThatTexasLady@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete