Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Overcoming the Obstacles

This time last year my husband had just moved out. I was broke and broken. Unsure of how I was going to pay the bills and eat at the same time, I set out with a mission to start a new chapter. Understandably, I suffered from depression and anxiety but I was (and still am) determined to make a better life.

In May, I went back to school. I took an insane schedule and did very well. I have worked my tail off and am on my way to my first degree. I will be applying to the RN program in December and have been invited to join the international honor society, Phi Theta Kappa.

I hadn't been in a classroom in 20 years and I am excelling. If I can do it so can you!

1 comment:

  1. Some of my favorite students are the non-traditional ones - they truly have the drive to succeed. I'm not at all surprised you're excelling! Good on you!

    ReplyDelete