Monday, June 6, 2011

CHL Class

This Saturday the Cowboy and I went and took our CHL class and test. We passed with flying colors! The Cowboy even shot a perfect score. I shot a 234, which is great (a 94%), but I think I would have done better, had I not had multiple issues with my firearm.

When I heard "ten hour class" I was sure it would be boring and dull, but I was wrong. The instructor was tons of fun. My classmates helped to make it fun as well. We had a great group of about 15 people there and we joked and laughed and had a great time. If you live in the Panhandle and are looking for a class, call up Sheriff Dave Medlin in Vega. In my opinion, you won't be disappointed.

Just a warning, when you go for your CHL class, don't bring your gun in a plastic bag...I didn't do it, but another girl did and oh my, did she get a ribbing. I got a nudge from the Cowboy when the instructor said something about texting while walking through a parking lot, which resulted in me actually being called by name and asked about it...ugh, thanks Cowboy. But it was so much fun. There were bankers, real estate agents and even three L&D nurses in our class.

The written test is 50 questions, all multiple choice and true/false and if you have half a brain, it's not difficult at all.

The shooting test is not as bad as I thought it would be either. It's fifty shots and most of them are from the 3 and 7 yard markers, which allows you to pass the test even if you're not a crack shot at 15 yards. It's not like you would ever be shooting someone in self-defense from 15 yards. If they're that far away, you can probably run away from them much easier than trying to shoot them without any peripheral damage.

So, the test is passed. Fingerprints and pictures tomorrow and then it's off to the State with the paperwork and the waiting game for the license to come in.

I hope to have our first reviews and give aways very soon!

Have a wonderful week, friends!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Nice. It took me 5-6 months once paperwork was submitted, but I took the class back in July 2009 when there was a massive backlog. The writeup from my CHL course can be found at http://www.weapon-blog.com/?p=35

    ReplyDelete