Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What's Up With Ladies Pajamas?

Okay girls, who's with me here? Why don't ladies pajamas have pockets??? This mystery eludes me. So what do we do?

I know that there are times when my Cowboy is out of town or out working cattle or whatever late at night and can't be here. I work all day long and when I get off I want to be comfy in my pajamas, whether I'm ironing, cooking, crafting or just layin' around being lazy. If someone were to decide to enter my home without being invited, I would like to be prepared.

Then sometimes, I realize I'm out of something...milk, chocolate, whatever, and have to run down to the corner store. My grandmother would have a kitten, but I sometimes do so without getting dressed again. Tank top and pajama pants, I run down to the store and grab what I need. The Cowboy hates it when I do that. Has nothing to do with the pj's, just that our little Allsups has been robbed pretty regular as of late.

So what can we do? This is Texas and if you're realistic, you know that most of the time, this time of year, it is too hot even at midnight to throw on a sweater, pop the LCP in the pocket with a pocket holster and run to the Qwikie Mart. Winter time, not a problem...but this is Texas summer (already). Men's jammies have pockets and are comfy enough, but don't fit right. they're too baggy in the crotch and just feel too big. The trusty IWB won't work because you have no belt. The yoga pants I like to wear have pockets, but they're awful flimsy and even my tiny LCP will pull on them, look silly and be uncomfortable. Just my Blackberry in those pockets is bulky and awkward.

So here's my thought. I'm gonna break out the old Singer sewing machine and see what I can come up with. I'm thinking if I pull out the seam ripper and make pockets. Maybe a real pocket on the left for keys, cellphone, etc., and a gun pocket on the right for the LCP or similar small pistol and a slot for your ID.

While I try this, guess I'm gonna have to stick with the old Snoopy pants I got from the men's department.

Any thoughts?

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. One of the ladies on our facebook page suggested an ankle holster, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. smartcarry, perfect for under pj bottoms

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you!!!! Like I am required to carry a purse everywhere...NOT! I wish all ladies' PJs had pockets in the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using a Nighthawk holster from RitchieHolsters.com for my little LCP for several months now and like it a lot because it uses a sturdy clip that really sticks on to your waistband, so no belt is needed. (If you do use a belt, the belt goes OVER the clip.) It works on all my pants, except one I have with a really loose elastic, so it would work on even PJ pants, if the waistband was reasonably firm! It might not work so well on yoga pants with a heavier gun, though, since the weight hanging on an elastic waist might end up pulling your pants half down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to take the nice lazy approach, you can try using a sock pinned on your waistband!! No, Really. My daughter has an insulin pump and has the same issue: Why no PJs with pockets in the pants? I am also going to sew her some 'detachable' pockets. They can be pinned on with a safety pin or sewn on. Sorry, but who invented PJs with no pockets?? a "Gulp? MAN????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am writing a review for the Remora holster...PERFECT for any use INCLUDING pj's, skirts, jogging pants and more!!! I would bet they would make you something for an insulin pump!!

    ReplyDelete