Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Here We Go

Hi! They call me "Lady", short for "That Texas Lady". You can read more about me and why I'm here on my About Me page.

I'm getting started on this blog because there simply aren't many resources out there for women interested in concealed carry. Whether you live in Texas or another state and want more information on CC, I hope you will join me.

I am not yet licensed to carry, but should be in a few weeks. I take the Texas CHL test in June and am confident that I will pass. I have purchased my first firearm and holster and am learning how to protect myself.

Why Do I Want To Carry?
Most of my family has been or is LEO. I am not. I have a normal job. I have a girlfriend who recently went to a fast food restaurant in our quiet little town and was viciously attacked. I will NOT be a victim. I am not afraid, or better yet, I have deep seeded respect for the power and protection offered by firearms. I believe in my 2nd Amendment right to keep myself and my children safe. My husband cannot be with me 24 hours of the day to protect me; and as quoted in the movie Enough, "You have the divine animal right to protect your life and the life of your offspring."

I pray, every day, that I will NEVER have to use my weapon. I pray, every day, that it can stay nestled in its holster and never gets fired outside the shooting range. However, if the situation arises where I or my children - or even a complete stranger - are in danger, I refuse to stand idly by and not protect myself or them.

In this blog, I will walk you through the process of obtaining your CHL in Texas. I will review the firearms that I choose to carry (which right now is a Ruger .380 LCP) and the methods I use to carry and conceal.

I hope that you will join me!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment